Health and Safety
A Summary of our Current Preparedness Plan – updated June 2, 2020
Georgia Tourism Summit 2020 (GTS2020) will provide updates on healthy procedures and guidelines on this page.
Traveling to Lanier Islands
- Attendees should not travel to GTS2020 if they are feeling unwell.
- Attendees should monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel guidelines prior to their departure.
On-site Preparedness Plan
- While the risk remains low at this time, we cannot ensure a virus-free environment.
- GTS2020 will be a handshake-free meeting. We recommend the elbow tap.
- The closest medical facility is Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc., 743 Spring Street Gainesville, GA 30501, (770) 219-9000.
- We will provide extra medical support as needed on site.
- Should screening reveal an elevated risk for an attendee, the person will be isolated immediately to prevent exposure to conference participants.
- Lanier Islands is currently following the guidelines set forth by the CDC on prevention of spread of COVID-19 and are sanitizing all common spaces at frequent and regular intervals with appropriate sanitizing agents.
- There will be an increased number of hand sanitation stations available in the Legacy Lodge, providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer for all attendees and staff.
- Disposable, disinfectant wipes will be provided so commonly used surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, keyboards, presentation materials, desk surfaces, etc.) can be routinely sanitized.