Explore Georgia Second Tuesday Webinar Series
From June 2020 to March 2021, this monthly education series covered a range of topics which helped advance the professional development of our industry partners, offered information specific to their engagement and expanded collaboration potential with Explore Georgia (sales, marketing, product development, research and/or visitor services). These outreach opportunities also provided valued services to our range of partners, from rural to urban, and demonstrated our commitment to growing the Georgia tourism industry.
Click each session to view the summary of topic and recorded content below:
- March 9, 2021: Explore Georgia Update, Mark Jaronski, Deputy Commissioner, Explore Georgia.
- February 9, 2021: Exploring Opportunities of Niche Markets: Agritourism & Heritage Tourism. Cheryl Smith, Agritourism Manager, Georgia Department of Agriculture; Dr. Patrick Holladay, Troy University.
- January 12, 2021: Optimizing Social Media Channels: Strategies for Success with Pinterest. Ashish Arya, Global Vertical Strategy & Marketing, Pinterest; Brittany Blonkvist, Partner Manager, Pinterest.
- December 8, 2020: Group Tour Sales: Storytelling as a Powerful Tourism Marketing Tool. Sally Davis Berry, Group Tour Industry Expert.
November 10, 2020: Establishing a Scenic Byway or Recreational Trail: A Step-by-Step Guide for Sustainability. Kimberly Grayson, Scenic Byways Program manager, Georgia Department of Transportation. Walt Ray, Riverlands Project Director, Georgia Trust for Public Land.
October 13, 2020: Google Analytics Boot Camp for Tourism Marketers. Justin Gibbs, Miles Partnership.
September 8, 2020: Group Tour Primer - 5 Steps to Become More Group Tour Ready. Sally Davis Berry, Group Tour Industry Expert.
- August 11, 2020: Crisis Communications and Management. Lawrence Wells, award-winning journalist and crisis communications expert
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Part 1: Overview/Lessons Learned from COVID-19 and other disasters
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Part 2: Crisis Plan Development
- July 14, 2020: Events & Festivals in a Post COVID-19 World. Tyra Hilliard Warner, renowned risk management expert; meeting planning consultant
- June 9, 2020: Fine-Tuning Your Brand: Three exercises to do now. Haile McCollum, owner and creative director, Fontaine Maury