Explore Georgia Second Tuesday Webinar Series
This monthly education series on a range of topics helps advance the professional development of our industry partners, offers information specific to their engagement and expands collaboration potential with Explore Georgia (sales, marketing, product development, research and/or visitor services). These outreach opportunities also provide valued services to our range of partners, from rural to urban, and demonstrate our commitment to growing the Georgia tourism industry.
From June 2020 to June 2021, join us on the second Tuesday of each month at 2 p.m. on Zoom to hear from industry experts and colleagues on a range of topics. Read more about each session and register to attend using the links below.
- February 9, 2021: Exploring Opportunities of Niche Markets: Agritourism & Heritage Tourism. Cheryl Smith, Agritourism Manager, Georgia Department of Agriculture; Dr. Patrick Holladay, Troy University
- March 9, 2021: Social Media: A Look at Current Best Practices
- April 13, 2021 : International Marketing Update, Brand USA
- May 11, 2021: How Accessible are You?
- June 8, 2021: Sustainable Tourism: Strategies and Best Practices.
Click the link below to access content from past webinars:
- January 12, 2021: Optimizing Social Media Channels: Strategies for Success with Pinterest. Ashish Arya, Global Vertical Strategy & Marketing, Pinterest; Brittany Blonkvist, Partner Manager, Pinterest
December 8, 2020: Group Tour Sales: Storytelling as a Powerful Tourism Marketing Tool. Sally Davis Berry, Group Tour Industry Expert. (Recording available here; use the access passcode: ?#CC8+B$)
- November 10, 2020: Establishing a Scenic Byway or Recreational Trail: A Step-by-Step Guide for Sustainability. Kimberly Grayson, Scenic Byways Program manager, Georgia Department of Transportation. Walt Ray, Riverlands Project Director, Georgia Trust for Public Land. Tracie Sanchez, tourism product development manager, Explore Georgia. (Recording available here; use the access passcode: Q!Cyf!p9 )
September 8, 2020: Group Tour Primer - 5 Steps to Become More Group Tour Ready. Sally Davis Berry, Group Tour Industry Expert
- August 11, 2020: Crisis Communications and Management. Lawrence Wells, award-winning journalist and crisis communications expert
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Part 1: Overview/Lessons Learned from COVID-19 and other disasters
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Part 2: Crisis Plan Development
- July 14, 2020:
Tyra Hilliard Warner, renowned risk management expert; meeting planning consultant (Recording available here; use the access passcode: 7C#p?!Ju)
- June 9, 2020:
Haile McCollum, owner and creative director, Fontaine Maury (Recording available here; use the access passcode: 8T#$x6?j