Travel Industry COVID-19 Research & Resources
Last updated June 17, 2021, at 10 a.m.
Research on COVID-19's Impact on Georgia's Travel Industry
- Explore Georgia COVID-19 Dashboard
- Georgia Tourism Forecast Scenarios
- Georgia Year-Over-Year Trends in Arrivals - March - July 2019-2020
- University of Georgia COVID-19 Study: Free Partner Research Opportunity
Estimated Economic Impacts of the Accommodation and Food Services Job Losses During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Technical Reports for the State of Georgia and select MSAs (based on data availability) from the University of Georgia’s Hospitality and Food Industry Management Program
We're sure you are trying to sort through the avalanche of information, research, and opinions circulating in the tourism and hospitality industry regarding the impact of COVID-19. It can be overwhelming and frustrating. So, we've culled through the most recent information, read the research and articles, and attended the webinars for you. Below is a roundup of what we consider to be the best, most relevant, and up-to-date information.
Please contact Director of Tourism Research, Dr. Ashley Barfield, at email@example.com with any research questions.
- ADARA Travel Trends Index of domestic hotel and flight booking volumes and windows
- Arrivalist Daily Travel Index of consumer road trips
- Skift Recovery Index of global travel industry health
- Destination Analysts COVID-19 Travel Sentiment Survey Key Findings and Updates Blog
- Longwoods International COVID-19 and American Travel Sentiment Research
Other Data and Reports
- AirDNA COVID-19 Data Center and Reports
- Harvard University Aviation Public Health Initiative
- Miles Partnership COVID-19 Data Tracking Research Hub
- MMGY Global COVID-19 Travel Insights Report
- Simpleview COVID-19 Reports and Resources Hub
- Skift Research (Skift Research Reports are available for individual purchase or with either an annual or monthly subscription.)
- STR COVID-19 Hotel Industry Impact Hub
- Travel and Tourism Research Association COVID-19 Resources Hub
- Travel Security Administration (TSA) Daily Checkpoint Travel Numbers Year over Year
- U.S. Travel Association
- Brand USA COVID-19 Research Webinars:
- COVID-19 International Market Update (January 2021)
- Destination Analysts: Weekly Coronavirus Travel Sentiment Index Webinars and Recordings
- Destinations International: multiple webinars focused on COVID-19
- Expedia Group: COVID-19 Webinar Series and Recordings
- Miles Partnership: Clarity in a Time of Crisis Webinar Series
- MMGY Global: Webinars, Podcast and Interviews - Register for upcoming presentations and watch previous recordings here.
- OUTDOOR RECREATION and Rural communities:
- American Trails:
- ARC Atlanta Regional Commission: Connecting Trails, Connecting Communities
- Georgia Conservancy, GMA, and Explore Georgia: Outdoors as Assets and Placemaking
- Rails to Trails Conservancy:
- STR: There are regular U.S. & Canada Hotel Performance webinars.
- Travel and Tourism Research Association: View past webinar recordings in the YouTube playlist.
- U.S. Travel Association:
International Contractor COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 support group for DMOs - Destination Think: "For destination marketers, place marketers, and tourism professionals who are working to lead their destinations through the COVID-19 pandemic and toward recovery. Share solidarity, support, and intelligence with DMOs around the world."
- Explore Georgia Partners Group: Facebook group hosted by Explore Georgia exclusively for tourism and hospitality industry professionals in the state.
- Tourism Industry COVID-19 Resource Group: Facebook group focused on community sharing, created and managed by tourism professionals throughout the country.
- The Travel Tribe: Facebook group created by destination marketer Jennifer Barbee focused on education and information for tourism professionals. Barbee has been conducting Facebook Live events to discuss the latest COVID-19 news and updates.