Travel Industry COVID-19 Research & Resources
Last updated Sept. 21, 2021, at 6 p.m.
Research on COVID-19's Impact on Georgia's Travel Industry
We're sure you are trying to sort through the avalanche of information, research, and opinions circulating in the tourism and hospitality industry regarding the impact of COVID-19. It can be overwhelming and frustrating. So, we've culled through the most recent information, read the research and articles, and attended the webinars for you. Below is a roundup of what we consider to be the best, most relevant, and up-to-date information.
Please contact Director of Tourism Research, Dr. Ashley Barfield, at email@example.com with any research questions.
- ADARA Travel Trends Index of domestic hotel and flight booking volumes and windows
- Arrivalist Daily Travel Index of consumer road trips
- Skift Recovery Index of global travel industry health
- Destination Analysts COVID-19 Travel Sentiment Survey Key Findings and Updates Blog
- Longwoods International COVID-19 and American Travel Sentiment Research
Other Data and Reports
- Harvard University Aviation Public Health Initiative
- Miles Partnership COVID-19 Data Tracking Research Hub
- Simpleview COVID-19 Reports and Resources Hub
- Skift Research (Skift Research Reports are available for individual purchase or with either an annual or monthly subscription.)
- STR COVID-19 Hotel Industry Impact Hub
- Travel and Tourism Research Association COVID-19 Resources Hub
- Travel Security Administration (TSA) Daily Checkpoint Travel Numbers Year over Year
- U.S. Travel Association
- Brand USA COVID-19 Research Webinars:
- Destination Analysts: Bi-weekly Coronavirus Travel Sentiment Index Webinars and Recordings
- Destinations International: multiple webinars focused on COVID-19
- Miles Partnership: Clarity in a Time of Crisis Webinar Series
- U.S. Travel Association: Multiple Webinar Series
- COVID-19 support group for DMOs - Destination Think: "For destination marketers, place marketers, and tourism professionals who are working to lead their destinations through the COVID-19 pandemic and toward recovery. Share solidarity, support, and intelligence with DMOs around the world."
- Explore Georgia Partners Group: Facebook group hosted by Explore Georgia exclusively for tourism and hospitality industry professionals in the state.
- Tourism Industry COVID-19 Resource Group: Facebook group focused on community sharing, created and managed by tourism professionals throughout the country.
- The Travel Tribe: Facebook group created by destination marketer Jennifer Barbee focused on education and information for tourism professionals. Barbee has been conducting Facebook Live events to discuss the latest COVID-19 news and updates.